Friday, December 01, 2006

A Bell in My Washer???



Well as much as I'm a freak about lots of cleaning routines ex: my floors and even there after 10 years I finally use a mop ( only because it really does do a good job on my type of floors) or maybe the neurotic way I have to take my whole toilet lid apart when I clean them, well when it comes to laundry we are really trying to survive, so keeping a slow steady pase pretty much running the beast 5 hours a day seems to work. So when it comes to laundry I TRY to sometimes, maybe, if it's a good day to check the pockets but unfortunately it seems not enough , because I often have enough leftover Kleenex to fill a small pillow or enough nails to put up couple frames and that's not including, rocks, screw, beer caps ( Jakob loves picking those up), pens, money, leftover food wrappers of every brand out there, orange peal, sticky tag to, even my husbands memory stick for his computer( that only went in twice) I kid you not yesterday the wheel sort of object that I found coming out of the dryer I had to stick my head in there to see if sometime had fallen off. But when Jakob came back from school I verified and asked if he had ever seen the foreigh object found in my dryer and her replied WOW it came out so clean, so I asked what kind of dirt was on it and he said grease or something. Martha Steward would be so ashamed me, no orderly shelves with beautiful jars filled with lavender or special laundry hooks just tons of junk on my floor. All that to say that when the Sears guy came last week and explain that the smallest thing getting caught between the seal of my washer door and the door would cause the water to leak out, I just tried to look as stupid as I could and said " OH yeah! Really Hein!" hoping and praying he wouldn't say that hasn't happened right? Because my Warranty only extends to manufactured problems, not irresponsible mother of 4 who can't do laundry problems. So anyways I signed his paper and let him decide what he thought our little visit should be assessed as , and hope not to see the 75$ bile come in the mail...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I to LAUGH OUT LOUD at this one...btdt!! Kyle and his best friend have this collection of unique things that they find on the playground...YIKES! I don't check pockets either...just can't seem to remember to do that...and it hasn't been so bad...except for the gum in the dryer...THAT one is still with us :(. Yuck.

It's so nice to check up on you and see the pix of the kids. If I had a life, I would love to be able to post some of our pictures online...but alas...I HAVE no life apart from translation and construction!

love ya sarahtatouille

Julie