Friday, January 12, 2007

Indulging


A minute for me... Today I had a grapefruit for dessert, and I just got thinking of how it always brings back such great memories for me, wait until I explain. Growing up we often visited my grandmother for a sleepover and when we would wake up in the morning she always had the table set up with breakfast. I just remember so often she would have a half of a grapefruit, facedown in a bowl and I felt like she had prepared such a nice treat. It's not one of those fruits you just bit in while your working around the house like and apple, banana, even a hand full of grapes. It take lots of planning . Bartley and I sometimes have contest on who eats it the neater ( he wins). I always seem to splash the juices everywhere, but it's soooo worth the getting messy. And just when you think it's all done you get to squeeze the last couple tablespoon out to your spoons. As a kid I use to load it up with sugar. It still taste amazing that way, but now I feel to guilty to ruin it with big spoonful of sugar I try just to enjoy it (almost) plain :) Anyways my sister challenged us to take a moment for ourselves and leave the 4 loads of laundry, full dishwasher, supper preparation... To enjoy a moment in our day, and this was mine.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow...the pictures look amazing! Not bad for a digital camera, eh? ;) They almost made me want to bite into a grapefruit...almost. Not one of my favorite fruits, but so glad you were able to enjoy it. Hope you guys have a good night tonight...talk to you soon.

Cary Sawatsky said...

I am so glad to see that your love for photography hasn't faded. It is such a treat to look through your blog--you've got talent! I can see in the future.... Anyway, it's great to catch up with each other this way as my phone skills are certainly lacking! Your New Year's blog was excellent and I'm sure God will bless you greatly this year many times through the "little things".
Love, Shannon

Anonymous said...

Ummm. Did you know that you have pictures of fruit on your blog? You're sort of weird, aren't you?