Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sometimes Overlooked

My Emma's love language is definitely WORDS and TOUCH and just this week she gave me this note that I barely glanced at and she said " I'll put it on the fridge for you". Couple of days after as I was just standing in my kitchen frustrated at something ( can you believe " I " get frustrated?) I saw her note and remember how excited she was to give it to me and my lack of response. I made sure that when she came back from school I told her how she had made my day! It's so easy not pay attention to the zillions of notes and drawing that I get forgetting how their hearts and souls are usually poured in the making of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOM
Je n'ai pas encore réussi à tout le lire. "L'eau" me monte aux yeux avant la fin! Elle a un beau petit coeur.
Tes journées sont riches en émotions,
Momxxxxxxxx

Angie said...

now that almost made me cry...it's one of the things i've done too, and then when i catch myself, i can hardly wait to tell them and hug them and make sure they know that mommy's listening, and loves them...then, I wonder how many other times do i do it and never realize that i did it. sorry. there i go being debbie downer. but thanks for the reminder to try 'make it right' even if its hours or days later.

grace said...

hi sarah, my hubby and i were just admiring your pictures lately...they have been really good. have you thought about selling them? do a milton art show or something like that! anyways, take care and invite me to go for a walk sometime soon ok? :)